Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Sue Spargo

About two weekends ago I got to attend the Sue Spargo (an international tutor) Class held in Ashburton.  It was really enjoyable just to sit back and relax and totally indulge in stitching.  I learnt some new stitches which were excellent.  Bullion knots are now a new friend, where once I  used to avoid them, they are now going like a dream - thanks to the new needle Sue gave us.  My tree looked quite a lot different to the others as I did not purchase the kit that was available so had to get a tree design.  I am happy with my tree - it is taking on a paisley look I am thinking!  You can see where I am headed although there is loads of work still to do as all the leaves need stitching on them.  I have done plenty of bullion knots around the edges.  I hope to finish it so will keep updating my progress here.  It was lovely to meet people and get to know them a little over the two days. On reflection the highlight was seeing Sues wonderful work.  She is certainly a prolific stitcher.  Check out her web-site and blog.
 
 

1 comment: